Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What sup: The Humble Potatoe

The humble potatoe is the base of so many great dishes! I decided to use spuds in 2 dishes this week: A new potatoe salad recipe and a cottage pie ( I needed to de-stress so the mashing and pulverizing of the spuddies really helped…..and it’s a total comfort food!)

The salad was fresh and filled with the Summer flavours I love: bolied new potatoes cut in half, fresh coriander, mustard seeds and lemon. I like mixing all the ingredients when the potatoes are still warm, coats them nicely!
Summer Potatoes: New potatoes coated in mustard seeds, lemon juice, lemon zest, coriander and tsp of mayo.

Next Day:

I also made a Cottage Pie this week after a very busy and stressful day. LOVED the mashing! All you need is some lean beef mince, 1 small tin of tomatoe paste, any chopped up veg, onions, garlic, tbs chutney and gravy powder to thicken the sauce. And the topping of the pie(the best part) ..... Mashed potatoe with butter, salt ,black pepper and a little splash of cream ( I used low fat milk instead as Summer is nearly here and I need to get into a costume).
MASH!!!!!!!

After frying up the mince and veg add gravy powder to thicken
then place in dish and smooth potatoe over the top.

Whisk one egg and pour over the top and bake till egg golden brown

Yum, Cottage Pie Ala Sweetpea



No comments:

Post a Comment