Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What sup: Apricot Tagine

I am always looking for ways to use the spices in my kitchen in a new and exciting way. I wish I had a walk- in cupboard for spices and dried herbs! It is great all year around even though it's full of warm spices -only change I would make.... to serve it with flat bread or pitta bread to soak up the juices!
How to make it:
Heat up olive oil in a frying pan & saute chopped onions, yellow pepper, sliced aubergine & garlic for 5-10 minutes. Add spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, chilly and paprika. Fry cubes of sweet potatoe with a little lemon rind in seperate pan. Add all ingredients together with vegetable stock cube and cup of apricot juice and let it simmer on a low temp.
Add chopped corriander and dried apricot to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment